A Sharyland employee assisting a customer
The Corporation mails out all bills on or about the 1st of the month. Customers should receive their monthly bill within the first week of the month. If you are not receiving your bill, please contact us to ensure we have the correct mailing address on file.
All bills will be due by the date indicated on the bill (showing approximately 15 days to pay, after which a $5.00 Late Payment Fee shall be applied). A bill is considered delinquent if not paid by close of business (5:00 pm) on the due date.
For information regarding account balances, please refer to your bill. Customers can also check their balance by calling our automated system at 1 (877) 583-8734, signing into our Online Bill Pay Portal or calling our office at (956) 585-6081.
- Pay online by signing into our Online Bill Pay portal or choosing the quick pay option.
- Pay by phone by calling our automated system at any time at 1-877-583-8734
- Mail your payment to P.O. Box 1868, Mission, TX 78573-0031 (Please do NOT send cash via mail). Full account number must be included with the payment for proper credit.
- Night Deposit Drop * at SWSC's main building, located at 321 S. Shary Blvd, Alton, TX *Payments are collected from the box at 8:30 am each business day.
- Pay at our office at 321 S. Shary Blvd. Our customer Service representatives would be delighted to assist you in our lobby. Our hours of operation are Monday - Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm for our lobby and 8:00 am - 5:00 pm for our drive-thru.
- Remote pay locations: Walmart, Junior's Supermarket, Foy's Supermarket and H.E.B. (Please note that remote location payments can take up to a week to process).
The process to apply for water service varies depending on whether the property is considered residential or commercial. For more information on how to get started, please visit our Apply for Service page.
If you suspect that you may have a water leak, your best point of reference would be your water meter. To test for leaks, turn off all the faucets and other water outlets and keep watch of the numbers on the screen of your meter. If the gallons continue to increase, you likely have a leak on your property.
Regardless of the rate of water loss, search for the cause. It could be an easy fix, such as a steady drip from a faucet that just needs a new washer. Toilet leaks tend to be the biggest cause of higher-than-normal water bills.
Higher than average water bills are usually caused by one of the following:
- Leaks (Not all leaks are seen above ground)
- Sprinklers (Sprinklers can be set incorrectly and/or use large amount of water per hour)
Our customer service representatives will be happy to review any changes to your bill. Please give us a call at (956) 585-6081 for more information.
Our utility owns infrastructure up to the outlet connection of your water meter. This includes the portion of pipe that runs from the water main to the water meter. As the homeowner, you own the onsite plumbing, which includes everything after the outlet connection of the water meter, including the pipe from the water meter to your house and a shut-off valve. Any line, valve, box, device, or leak that occurs past the meter is the property owner’s responsibility and you must pay for the water regardless of the presence of a leak.
Water meters are usually found in one of the front corners of your property, The shut off valve is what can be used to stop water from entering the home, an image of a shut off valve can be found below and is normally outside of the home.
Accounts that have a past due balance over 60 days are locked until full payment is received including an unlocking fee.
- If you are paying online or by phone after your meter has been locked, please call our office at 956-585-6081 as soon as your payment has been made
- If you have made your past due payment before being locked, please contact our office to avoid interruption in service.
- Requests to have meter unlocked before 8:30am and after 4:30 pm will require an afterhours fee.