STAGE 2 WATER CONSERVATION PLAN – MODERATE WATER SHORTAGE CONDITIONS.
Dear Water Customers,
Sharyland Water Supply Corporation is currently in STAGE 2 of its Water Conservation and Drought Contingency Plan as a result of the low levels of the United States share of water in the Falcon-Amistad Reservoir.
Effective immediately, All Water Customers are required to comply with Stage 2 of the Sharyland Water Supply Corporation Water Conservation and Drought Contingency Plan restrictions shown below.
The following water use restrictions shall apply to all customers except between the hours of Midnight until 10:00am for your zone shown below.
- Irrigation of landscaped areas with hose-end sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems.
- Use of water to wash all motorized vehicles.
- Use of water to fill, refill or add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pools, wading pools, or Jacuzzi-type pools.
- Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is prohibited except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a re-circulation system.
- Use of water from hydrants shall be limited to firefighting, related activities, or other activities, necessary to maintain public health, safety, and welfare.
The following uses of water are prohibited:
- Washing sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard-surfaced areas.
- Use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection
- Use of water for dust control
- Flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street.
Watering schedule by zone: